Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 107 -- Blessed Peter Massalenus

So I have been writing this blog for 107 days now and usually there is a saint whose story is impressive even though he or she is not on the liturgical calendar as a feast day when celebrating Mass. Today all the saints had very short biographies, so I chose Blessed Peter Massalenus. I chose him becuase he was a layman, which is a vocation and something that I continue to struggle with on an almost daily basis, but the Lord has put extraordinary people in my life to remind me that I am loved. Peter was born in 1375 in Othoca, Sardinia and as a layman, Peter made several pilgrimages to the Holy Land and then he became a Camaldolese Benedictine monk in Venice, Italy. He was known for his gift of mystical contemplation. He died in 1453 in Venice, Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment