Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 40 -- Blessed Marie Poussepin


Blessed Marie Poussepin was the daughter of a stocking manufacturer, she was raised in a pious household and educated by her mother and the local parish priest. When her mother died when she was 22 she took charge of raising her younger siblings. Her father died several years later and she took over the family business. She modernize it and previous work done all by hand, she learned the machines and trained her employees and set up the first support network of benefits for them. In her late 30s she joined the Dominican tertiaries and her brother Charles took over the business. She began caring for people in her home and became affiliated with the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul. In 1695 she moved to Sainville, France and founded the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity. The community received legal recognition in 1724 and diocesan approval in 1738 and they still continue their good works today. She died in 1744 and was beatified in 1991. She is awaiting canonization.

Blessed Marie reminds me that everything is in the Lord's timing. I often think I should have my life all planned out by now, and I don't and then I have to remind myself that it is in the Lord's timing and I need to be patient with the plan He has for my life. For now, I am really enjoying my life with my great family and friends and awesome Cursillo community!

No comments:

Post a Comment