Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 6 -- Saint Peter Martinez

Well as always there as a list of saints to choose from -- all of whom I had never heard of before. Today we will learn a little bit about Saint Peter Martinez. The main reason why I chose him is because he was from Spain. Unfortunately, not much is known about his life. He died around the year 1000. He was a Benedictine monk of Saint Mary of Mozonzo and then became an abbot of Saint Martin of Antealares in Compostela, Spain. Around the year 986 he became the Archbishop of Santiago de Compostela. Saint Peter is traditionally credited with being one of the composers of the Salve Regina.

So Saint Peter Martinez was from Spain. I have been going back and forth now for many months to try to decide if I want [or if the Lord wants me] to go to World Youth Day 2011 which will be in Madrid, Spain. The Diocese of Bridgeport has put together an incredible itinerary for 12 days! It includes going to Fatima, Avila, and walking part of the Santiago de Compostela (the Way of Saint James) and celebrating Mass in this awesome cathedral of Santiago de Compostela. I need to pray about this more, but I have been praying and I am still not getting an answer. I think my prayer should be through Saint Peter by praying the Salve Regina to our Lady.

"Rooted and built up in Jesus Christ, firm in the faith."
(Col 2:7)


No comments:

Post a Comment