Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 10 -- Saint Crescentius of Rome

According to tradition, Saint Crescentius of Rome was born to a noble Roman family around the year 289. His father was St. Euthymius. He and his parents were baptized together by St. Epigmenius. During the persecutions of Christian by Diocletian, his family fled to Perugia where his father died. When he was 11 years old arrested, tortured, beheaded and martyred for the crime of being Christian.

Wow, what an incredible story for such a young boy!! He must have had remarkable faith to be martyred at such a young age. Would I have that kind of faith if something like this was happening to me?

I also think it is so neat to know that his father is a saint and he was baptized by a saint. I often think -- is there anyone I know in my lifetime who will become a saint?

2 comments:

  1. Probably a few Saints--at least ones with a little "s".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saints are friends of God. I think I know a couple people who might... love reading these Gina! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete