Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 1 - Mother Teresa


So after watching Julie & Julia tonight, I realized that my life is lacking something--I want to contribute to this world somehow. Mom suggested I create a blog like Julie did. She suggested writing about the saints.

That is a good idea. Aren't we all trying to become saints? I know I am.

And what a perfect day to begin--September 5--the feast day of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta. Mother Teresa was truly a saint in our day. She was someone who in her simplicity lived and showed love. My heart aches for love each day. I remember the day Mother Teresa died. It was a Friday; I was beginning my sophomore year of college. I believe that Mom and I were driving down Route 110 when we heard on the radio that she died. In college we had a special memorial Mass for her; I remember sitting in the front pew of the chapel--I think I was a Eucharistic Minister.

Mother Teresa has many quotes and one of them was used for our Faith in Action club in college: "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." I really enjoying being in that club in college that Sandy founded. Even now 12 years later I know I need to do something more in my life. I have done a lot in this decade, but more needs to be done.

So I am going to take the words of Mother Teresa, my experiences from the past, my love that I want to show to others through Jesus and make "a joyful noise unto the Lord." (Psalm 100:1)

August 26, 1910 to September 5, 1997

Prayer for Mother Teresa's Canonization
Lord Jesus Christ , You made Blessed Teresa an inspiring example of firm Faith and burning Charity, an extraordinary witness to the way of spiritual childhood, and a great and esteemed teacher of the value and dignity of every human life.
Grant that she may be venerated and imitated as one of the Church's canonized saints.
Hear the requests of all those who seek her intercession, especially the petition I now implore... (mention here your prayer request you wish to pray for).
May we follow her example in heeding Your cry of thirst from the Cross and joyfully loving You in the distressing disguise of the poorest of the poor, especially those most unloved and unwanted.
We ask this in Your Name and through the intercession of Mary, Your Mother and the Mother of us all. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you added a daily prayer. I will enjoy this every morning before I start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...thanks so much for enriching us with this new blog. God bless you, Gina!

    ReplyDelete