Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 260 -- Saint Rita of Cascia


Today we honor Saint Rita of Cascia, and this weekend I was able to spend much of my time with a Sister Rita who is a living example of a Christian woman living her vocation of love. We had our Women's Cursillo Weekend for our Diocese and I was humbled and honor to serve it by serving my sisters-in-Christ in the Chapel. I like to think I have some artistic ability (one of my Mom's gifts), but I really liked the way the chapel looked every time we were in there.

Saint Rita is the patron of many things: abuse victims, against loneliness, against sickness, of desperate, impossible, and forgotten causes, difficult marriages, parenthood, widows, and wounded people. I spend my weekend with women who fit into all these categories of who need prayer and healing in their lives. These women will be in my thoughts and prayers and I am humbled as how they shared so openly and freely. I thank God for allowing me this opportunity. I love the way the Lord can take 27 women--of all ages and nationalities--and mold them into what He wants them to learn, know, and discover about Himself, themselves, and others.

I do know this is a blog about saints, and I did mention Saint Rita, but spending the weekend with a wonderful Sister Rita, who could be a saint and has become I have been able to get to know more, I will leave you with this prayer to Saint Rita. May our prayer to her, be one that is taken to God and answered in His timing, as only He knows best.

Dear Saint Rita, model Wife and Widow, you yourself suffered in a long illness showing patience out of love for God. Teach us to pray as you did. Many invoke you for help, full of confidence in your intercession. Deign to come now to our aid for the relief and cure of {name of sufferer}. To God, all things are possible; may this healing give glory to the Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment