Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 209 -- Saint Macarius the Wonder Worker

Saint Macarius the Wonder Worker was born in the 9th century with the name of Christopher. He was a monk at the monastery and he took the name Macarius. He was ordained by Tarasius of Constantinople. He was a miracle worker. He was imprisoned and tortured for his opposition to Emperor Leo's orders of iconoclasm. He was released by Emperor Michael the Stammerer, then exiled for supporting icons still. He died on August 18, 850 on the island of Aphusia, Bithynia of natural causes.


QUOTE
To you, O Master, who loves all mankind
I hasten on rising from sleep.
By your mercy I go out to do your work
and I make my prayer to you.
Help me at all times and in all things.
For you are my Creator,
You inspire all good thoughts in me.
In you is all my hope and to you I give glory,
now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment